Inaugural Golf Classic a Success
The National D-Day Memorial thanks all who supported and participated in the inaugural Golf Classic held September 21 at the Omni Homestead’s Cascades Course in Hot Springs, VA. Support from the Bedford area was overwhelming, and the event also drew participants from Charlottesville, Richmond, Virginia Beach, northern Virginia, North Carolina, and even California and Hawaii! 66 players total and the event netted more than $4500 for the Memorial.
Many were able to enjoy a practice round on Sunday under sunny skies. Though the rain moved in on Monday, it did not put a damper on the spirit of the event. During the welcoming remarks, three WWII veterans were recognized, and the Bath County High School Band played God Bless America and The Star Spangled Banner as the flag was raised. Bedford resident and U.S. Navy Veteran, Earl Childers, served aboard the USS Washington from 1941-1945, and had the honor of doing the ceremonial first tee shot to get the event underway. It was truly a great day, and everyone enjoyed playing on the beautiful mountain course, all while supporting the National D-Day Memorial.
A special thanks to Gordon Eubank, who serves as a board member for the Memorial, for all his hard work and persistence in making this event possible. The Memorial also thanks all of our sponsors and donors for the event, including Patriot Sponsor, Fostek Corporation. Planning for next year’s golf classic has already begun!
Fostek In The Community / News
- Harry Schickling Scholarship Awarded 2019!
- Congratulations to Brad Grohs!
- 3rd Annual National D-Day Memorial Golf Classic
- A magnificent backdrop & crisp fall morning set the scene for the 3rd Annual National D-Day Memorial Golf Classic.
- National D-Day Golf Classic Sees Substantial Growth in Second Year 2016
- The 2nd annual Golf Classic to benefit the National D-Day Memorial was held at the Omni Homestead.
- Inaugural Golf Classic a Success
- The inaugural National D-Day Memorial Golf Classic drew overwhelming support.
- Fostek Named 2014 Large Business of the Year
- The Large Business of the Year award is given to a company of 51 or greater employees that has made a significant contribution to the growth of Bedford.
- See All News
Member of the Bedford Area Chamber of Commerce since May 17, 2010.