Harry Schickling Scholarship
DescriptionHarry Schickling was an executive of Fostek Corporation, a Bedford manufacturing company, when he passed away in June, 2014. Harry was a very honorable family man, a Christian, a veteran, an engineer and a proud American patriot. Harry was an individual who had vision for not only the company he was working for, but also for the community. Developing a trained, skilled workforce to support business and industry in our community is an important priority for Fostek Corporation. In an effort to encourage students to pursue careers in manufacturing and technology, Fostek Corporation developed the Harry Schickling Scholarship. It is in memory of Harry to support local Bedford area students who show a demonstrated interest in furthering their education and training in areas that are pointed at careers in Engineering, Technology, and Maintenance.
The Harry Schickling Scholarship was established in 2016 to benefit students graduating from a Bedford County School who will be attending higher education in Virginia.
Eligibility• An eligible student must plan on pursuing a career in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics).
• An eligible student must be a candidate for his/her Associates, Bachelors, or a certificate program.
How Scholarships Are AwardedA committee consisting of Fostek personnel chosen by the President of Fostek Corporation will base their selection on:
• Academic achievement and/or record of improvement
• Leadership and involvement in school activities
• Community service and extracurricular involvement
• Honors and awards are considered
• Strong moral character
• Personal interview (in person and/or by telephone)
Award Amount$1,000.00 per semester, a total of $2,000 an academic school year per individual. (This award must be distributed directly to your college for tuition).
How To Apply• Use the form below
• Include a letter with the application explaining what your career aspirations are at this point in your life. Include other personal insights and goals that you may wish to include. NOTE: Length of letter determined by the applicant.
TO BE COMPLETED BY SCHOLARSHIP APPLICANT RECEIPT DEADLINE: MAY 20TH
Fostek In The Community / News
- Harry Schickling Scholarship Awarded 2023!
- Congratulations to Anna Grohs, Miriam Ramos-Rosales, Caleb Grohs, Emily Neel.
- 3rd Annual National D-Day Memorial Golf Classic
- A magnificent backdrop & crisp fall morning set the scene for the 3rd Annual National D-Day Memorial Golf Classic.
- National D-Day Golf Classic Sees Substantial Growth in Second Year 2016
- The 2nd annual Golf Classic to benefit the National D-Day Memorial was held at the Omni Homestead.
- Inaugural Golf Classic a Success
- The inaugural National D-Day Memorial Golf Classic drew overwhelming support.
- Fostek Named 2014 Large Business of the Year
- The Large Business of the Year award is given to a company of 51 or greater employees that has made a significant contribution to the growth of Bedford.
- See All News
Member of the Bedford Area Chamber of Commerce since May 17, 2010.